Monday, August 23, 2010

Terrain Contest

Games Workshop is having a terrain contest. You have until next Friday, September 3rd, to send in your pictures. It can be something you've already completed. The prize is a finished Citadel Realm of Battle Gameboard.

I don't have anything particularly impressive at the moment, and I would really love that gameboard. I also really enjoy making terrain. To cap it all off, my friend's internship just ended and he moved back to his college apartment. This means I finally have my Warhammer room! There will be more on that later and much more posting to come as I have a place free from my feline nemesis to work in peace.

Now the real point of this post: What do I make?

(As a point of simplification and personal choice, I'm leaving out everything Games Workshop reasonably supplies, like the Temple of Skulls, and anything I just don't have much interest in, like the Altar of Khaine. Good ideas have every chance of swaying me.)

The forests, rivers, marshland, and obstacles are all okay, but very meh to me. I'd be open to it if anyone had any particularly good ideas though.

Anvil of Vaul - This one isn't as simple as it seems if you look into the lore. It would also be a smaller piece, more designed to go on top of a hill. It would essentially end up as a standard hill with a very detailed anvil rising out of the ground. Preferably with ornament showing it's recent use.

Most of the Arcane Architecture stuff seems like it would be very good, but difficult to accomplish in such a limited time frame. There is one exception I'm willing to make atm though...

Charnel Pit - This one is my front runner. I have lots of spare Vampire Counts bits (namely Skeletons and Vampires, and Ghouls) to dress this on up nicely.The idea would be to try to create a scene of a freshly excavated Charnel Pit that some necromancer has dug up in preparation of some rite or maybe even in preparation for an upcoming battle.

Dwarf Brewhouse - I love this one....so much. It's just awesome. I'm not a fan of dwarfs and it's just hilarious and awesome.

Bane Stone - I don't have ideas from this, but it seems cool. 

Elven Waystone - This is available from Forgeworld and doesn't leave much room for imagination.

Idol of Gork (or possibly Mork) - I would carve this one out of wood and put it on some kind of totem. It would be fun, but I don't' know about winning with it.

Magic Circle - I have one of these I'm almost done with, but it isn't going to win a competition.

Sinister Statue - This also pretty cool. I don't know what I'd do with it, but I don't think it would be terribly difficult to come up with something.

Sorcerous Portal - This is another one I'm almost done with, but isn't going to win any competitions. I really like this one though.

Wyrding Well - I like this one a lot. I'm not sure if I should go with the constructed well, the natural spring, or some sort of hybrid.

So that's sort of where I stand with all of this. Any feedback, input, or ideas are greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment